Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I prostrate to you-Jetshen Jampelyang

Jampelyang(Manjushri)- The Divine God of Wisdom


ཨོཾ་ཨཱ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི།།
Jetshen Jampelyang-is the god of divine wisdom. He is known as one of the Rig-sum Goenpo-the three lineage holders of Buddhism (Jampelyang, Chhana Dorji and Chenregze). In layman term, he was also refers to as a genuine Buddha who transformed into the important and historical figure of Buddhism, and was a Bodhisattva who helped to preach doctrine to all the sentient being with the Buddha. As history says, he was supposed to have come from the China to Nepal where he split the mountains in the south creating the broad fertile valley of Nepal. 

Ever since my first day in the School Jetshen Jampelyang was my god of wisdom-where I used to pray to him everyday in the morning. Throughout my entire fifteen years of schooling was fully devoted to him, grabbing his holy wisdom and knowledge while in the process of learning. Today across the country in various Schools, students pray to him every morning before they can get into their daily lesson. Because learning simply do not take place with ones little effort, there are ignorance and defilement to ward off. As the Bodhisattva of wisdom, distraction and negative barriers are erase by the divine power whereby, students receives immense blessing of wisdom and knowledge. 

One may not have a prophecy to see him in a solid form but he is always with us in a various manifestations. His blessing are in the form of wisdom that one receives while in the process of learning. Even to this days, whenever I find the portrait or image displayed around of him. I would never turnover without reciting a sentence of prayer to him by folding my hands into one. As Jetshen Jampelyang is the guardian protector of students, I have a solemn devotion in acquest of an intellectual knowledge, retentive memory and a sharp mental perfection. I pray for you, the flaming sword you hold in your right hand to cuts off all my afflictive emotions- negativity, ignorance, arrogance and greed all the times to come. May you cut all difficulty or knotty problems of mine whenever I involve in the law of righteousness by your burning sword. The spiritual book that holds by your left hand on the blue Lotus, confer me immediately with the blessing of divine wisdom and knowledge that shine brighter ever. May you always be the lord of Dharma, and turn me to a son of Dharma lover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment